Friday, September 12, 2008

T-Minus 2 Days

“There is no moment of delight in any pilgrimage like the beginning of it.” ~Charles Dudley Warner

I started the school year by asking my students to introduce themselves and answer the question "If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?". Their answers ranged from Australia to Egypt to California; my answer was South Africa. 

For years I have been enthralled by the history of this particular country, and now, thanks to a fortuitous email from my mom about the People to People Program and the generosity and support of D-E, I have the opportunity to travel there. It really is a dream come true.  

After telling my students about my impending trip, meeting with all of the amazing teachers who will cover and teach my classes while I am gone, and catching the bus home this afternoon, it's finally hitting me...

I am going to South Africa on Monday! 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you have a wonderful time, Ms. A! It should be really, really fun!
We can't wait to hear all about it!
=)

Unknown said...

Hope you have a fantastic trip Ms. A! Can't wait to hear your exciting stories! =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms. A! Hope you have an amazing time! Can't wait to hear all about it!! We'll miss you!

Anonymous said...

zoozooamanda is amanda sweetwood btw!